Friday, November 6, 2015

Comic Store/99 Cent Store/Wal-Mart After-Halloween Sales 11/6/15

Hello Awesome Packers!

     So, I am on a shopping craze...(probably not good for my wallet)....but I HAD to show you guys the awesome things I found right down the street if you live in the Sacramento County of California. So, the first thing I wanted you guys to know about was the importance of stuffed animals in shoe boxes. Operation Christmas Child promotes stuffed animals or in their words "something to love". I love putting a stuffed animal in the boxes, especially when the stuffed animal is practically telling me to put it in the box. 

     In my attempt to find great deals on stuffed animals, mainly Beanie Babies, I went on Craigslist and found an advertisement for a Comic Book Store off Watt. Now, I'm not exactly a fan of going down Watt (not a lot of great drivers) but I went down Watt and turned in to find the Comic Book Store that had Beanie Babies on sale for $2 each. How awesome is that? Beanie Babies are a perfect size to put into boxes that will last for a long time and bring great memories to a child no matter where they are. Here are my purchases:

     Aren't these the cutest things you've ever seen?! The two in the back are Valentine's Day Beanie Babies that have hand crocheted sweaters that you can take on and off of the bears and then two dogs that are brand new with tags. These are just a few of the many Beanie Babies that I will be buying there because I got four for $8 and then there is a tax of 15 cents per Beanie Baby so keep that in mind for those of you that might want to check it out. When looking at the Beanie Babies, think about which ones will go best for the boys and which ones will be best for girls. The ones in the back would probably be better for girls boxes and the ones in the front might be better suited for boys. But don't let the barriers prevent you from putting some doggy Beanie Babies in your girl boxes.

     I did bash Wal-Mart in one of my last posts and rightly so mainly because their deals are barely available and they know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. They leave us with the left overs and they actually look like left overs. It is like they are the remnants of costumes and parties and we get the crumbs. I know it isn't like that all over the place but where I live, our Wal-Marts don't exactly have the best options. I will show you the few things I found for boxes but compared to some stores: this is just saddening.
    So, this is my "haul" from the land of Wally World. Each of these items was 75% off so each item was $0.25 each. I like the activity pad set there because I got 12 in this coloring pack and each is about 6 pages. It was the only one they had available and it will look good with the other coloring books I'll put into the boxes. I liked that they had pencils available and I got 24 pencils for $0.50. Then of course, I got some stickers which I will cut into sections so I can disperse them into multiple boxes. 
     Now, this is something I never thought I'd see at a store and by the half-filled shelves here, it's obvious I noticed this a little too late but I went to the 99 Cent store off Elkhorn and they had all of their Halloween items at $0.11 each! How incredibly awesome is that?! Anyway, if you step to the right of where I took this picture you'd see the large amounts of witch hats and cowboy hats that wouldn't fit inside the boxes but then you see the drawing pads, the clappers, the sticker sets and so forth. So, with that this is my HAUL!
     Those things on the left of the photo are Bracelet sets! It comes with four charms, beads and yarn for the bracelets. I was so excited and bought 14 of them. Then I got a great amount of stickers down below and the ones on the white background are Sandy Lion Brand which I have grown up on and have created a product bias for it so of course I bought as many as they had. They only had one Monster book but you can decorate a monster on the inside with funny stickers and so forth. I got four packs of 3-notebook sets: I think I'll skip on the witches in the middle because who knows how other countries will feel toward seeing witches, even the super cute and friendly ones that are on the notebooks there. Then you see the never-ending amount of clappers there: I get 14 clappers so yay! 14 more boxes filled with noise making items. Then I got three packs of 16-puzzles sets and a set of 200 stickers. Each of these items were only 11 cents and such a blessing to find in the time where they should be gone from the shelves and in someone's stock for next Halloween. 

So, I just wanted to share some awesome finds that I found just in my area and anyone in the Sacramento area to find as well. If any of you live near a 99 cent store, tell us about your awesome finds in the comments. Let's spread the word about these awesome deals! Happy Packing!




No comments:

Post a Comment