Sunday, November 8, 2015

A little Bargain Blessing

Hello Packers,

     I love the packing season, as all of you probably know already from my countless blog posts that keep me from my school work; but I love it because it brings out something more from the generous and God-fearing people of the world. It brings out a certain personality, a certain loving aura if you will that others can feel when they are around you. They can sense your charity, your loving personality and it's beautiful isn't it? How we can find ourselves becoming more God-like in this operation? I love it.

     The reason for this post is because sometimes it just comes over you when you see certain items at a store or something that may not seem like a great idea but might be that one unique thing in your box that makes the child's prayers come true. That was where I was at today. I visit CVS Pharmacy on a weekly basis mainly to purchase a drink or snack on my way to work and yesterday was no different. I headed toward my job and decided to stop at CVS, "maybe they have Halloween deals" was what I was thinking and unfortunately, I was wrong. CVS had all of its Halloween items still at 50% off which was exactly what it was the day after Halloween: in other words, I wasn't going to still buy a Halloween tote bag at $1.50 after the discount...there's no way.

     So, I sulk in defeat as I peruse the store for maybe some deal on the stuffed animals or their school supplies but again, I find myself sulking in defeat. As I go down a familiar aisle, the aisle of Christmas decorations, candies and could-be gifts for those who need to think fast: I see a 50% off sign toward the end and I get giddy at the thought of maybe getting some deals. Then I see this:
     For those of you who don't know, CVS happens to have a Bargain Buys section where you can find toys, school supplies, random items and so forth for about $5 or less. Sometimes these items can get as low as 90% but by that time, there is only about 5 things left over and they are things you would never consider putting in a shoe box (phone chargers and electrical things). So when you see them at 50% off, you run and swoop up anything that you think you could put in a shoe box. I was thinking about putting in those flash lights there but when they are LED battery powered, I much prefer getting the ones with double A's or something along those lines because they might be easier to come by and I personally think they are easier to pack. Anyway, here are a few things I found.
     What we have here are magnetic doll sets that were originally $1 each so I got them for $0.50. I think I love these ones the best out of some of the ones I found mainly because they have multiple options regarding clothing, accessories and so forth. I also think that a magnetic doll is a lot of fun because it takes up barely any space and the girls won't have to worry about these dolls getting dirty and so forth....just as long as they steer clear of any scissor shenanigans. Also, dolls like these (felt, paper and sticker) are all dolls that are recommended in boxes along with the regular stuffed doll or Barbie Doll.
     Remember how I mentioned there are certain items that we see and we just have to get because of that gut feeling? Well, these things are my gut items. they only had 9 so of course I just had to buy them all. It could be just because of the nostalgia I got from getting oddly shaped notebooks or the fact I just loved the colors on them, I knew I had to buy these. These, too, were $1 each and on sale for $0.50 each. They have 200 sticky note papers in them of ranging colors. I don't  really like getting smaller notebooks because, in most circumstances, small notepads aren't going to be the most useful in school like situations. But then I started to think about what I used small notebooks for when I was younger. I would fold them into interesting shapes, I'd send funny notes to my friends, write out little stories or just give myself little notes of encouragement. I know they might not be the most useful items in the shoe boxes, but still: they can be used.

Alright, well that's my little tidbit for today. Happy Packing Everyone! 8 more days until Drop Off Week begins!




No comments:

Post a Comment