Saturday, November 28, 2015

2-4 Boys Box

Hello Packers!

     In celebration of finishing my applications to universities, I decided it would be a good idea to pack a box. I love packing boxes as a reward because I just love to do it. It is a "hobby" I just can't crack. Now, what I want you all to know as I pack up these boxes throughout the year is that when it comes to the inclusion of items in the boxes, I can take up to around 20 minutes on each of my boxes just by finding the right things to go in them. I know that there are speed packing games for OCC boxes and some people just throw stuff in them but these boxes, to me, should be put together with the child in mind. That's just a thought. Anyway, here is my 2-4 boy box!


     This is my box. I have used duct tape on the outside for decoration of course and if it looks small, it's because it is. This is a Shutterfly box that my family got my brother's graduation announcements in and the depth was enough so that I knew it could make a great box. So, this size of the box was a bit of a challenge regarding some of the toys I included but here is something great about the 2-4 year old boys, most of the things you put into their boxes are toys because they aren't in school yet. I don't know why this age/gender group is so under represented in the world of Operation Christmas Child because filling this box was a joy and with this age group, we don't need the solar calculator/deodorant/tools/notebooks(totally optional by the way) that we usually put in the older kids' boxes.

     These are the items I included in his box, it does look a lot less than my box for the 10-14 year old girl but these items take up a lot of space in that tiny box.
  • Youth Size Tank Top ($1 clearance at Wal-Mart)
  • Pumpkin Clapper (Around $0.06 on sale)
  • Spider Man Pencil Pouch ($0.30 at Target Sale)
  • Dog Beanie Baby ($2 at comic book store)
  • Wash Cloth ($0.25 at Target Black Friday Sale)
  • Spider Man Stickers (About $0.10 on sale)
  • Transformers Stickers (About $0.07)
  • Youth Medium Socks ($0.30 from Wal-Mart Black Friday Sale)
  • Pencils ($0.30 from Dollar Tree)
  • Pens ($0.50 from Dollar Tree/99 Cent Store)
  • Pumpkin Cup ($1 from Target)
  • Eraser ($0.11 from 99 Cent Store)
  • Toothbrush ($0.25 from Dollar Tree)
  • Toothbrush Holder ($0.50 from Dollar Tree)
  • Toothpaste ($0.74 from WinCo)
  • Soap ($0.33 from Dollar Tree)
  • Little People Drawing Pad ($1 from 99 Cent Store)
  • Crayons ($0.50 from Back to School Wal-Mart Sale)
  • Pencil Eraser Toppers ( $0.15 from Dollar Tree)
  • Motorcycle ($1 from Dollar Tree)
  • Train Set ($1 from Dollar Tree)
  • How to Train Your Dragon Color Pack ($1 from Target)
  • Facial Tissue ($0.13 from Dollar Tree)
  • Chapstick ($0.30)
(So, altogether it came out to approximately $12.89 for this one box. Considering this price, I'm OK with it. The Baking Box definitely came out to more than what I have here.)

 

     It was definitely a challenge. As you can see from the back that the Train Set had to go through some modifications to fit inside the box but it fits and this cute little boy will get an awesome train set that comes with 8 pieces of train track and a wind-up train. Everything ended up fitting in the box and there was little effort in putting the top of the box down so all in all this turned out to be such a great box. But something that is a bit of an issue is that there are still some spots in the box that are open and have nothing in them. 
    
     Bingo! I forgot a tote bag! So this $0.25 tote bag pushes my box price to an ending $13.14! This tote bag will look great holding all of his goodies! 

     Well Packers, this is just another example of the type of boxes I fill up for these kiddies and I pray that whomever receives this box will be happy and in good health.

Happy Packing!





No comments:

Post a Comment