Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Baking Box...What Was I Thinking?!

Hello Packers!

     Well, I found a theme that I wanted to try...right after the drop off week. Yeah, I don't know what was going through my head when I decided to take on this endeavor but here we go.

     

     
     So this is the haul for my baking box. Baking Boxes are filled for teenage girls that are going out into the world to create some sort of trade or simply have to take care of their children or siblings. I put in a baking pan (one big enough to make a loaf of bead), a spatula, a wooden stirring spoon, measuring cups with measuring spoons, towels, pot holders, a strainer and then the rest of my simple box items that I will include as a foundation for regular boxes for you guys to go off of later. 

     Along with the baking items I included all of these awesome items as well:
  • Water Bottle
  • Socks
  • Journal
  • Personal Pen
  • Pens
  • Pencils
  • Eraser
  • Pencil Top Erasers
  • Purple T-shirt
  • Head band
  • Hair Ties
  • Soap
  • Magnet Doll Set 
  • Stuffed Kitty Cat (Webkinz brand)
  • Toothbrush
  • Tooth Paste
  • Notebook
  • Pencil Case
  • Pencil Sharpener
  • A bookmark (I got them for FREE)
  • A chap stick
  • A coloring Book
  • Crayons
  • Deodorant
  • A homemade No Sew Fleece Tote bag
  • Facial Tissue
     I know, I know, WHAT WAS I THINKING?! This box was incredibly hard to pack because of that dang baking pan and water bottle but again, I love including a water bottle in my boxes no matter what so I just HAD to include it. Here's something I will tell you, if you are going to include as much as I did, find a box that is both wide and deep because mine was wide but not deep enough. This was it.

     It was a pretty good box when I found it in our house and of course, decorating the heck out of it with duct tape really did make it look better than it was and hopefully the duct tape will keep it together when it ships...next year...literally a year from now...oh goodness I have an OCCD thing going on now don't I? Well, this box was close to falling apart in the beginning so I'm glad I was able to salvage the dying cardboard.



     Look at this overly packed and possibly going to break box I have here! It took me close to 20 minutes to figure out how to pack everything in the box. I even considered putting it into another box! So after constantly putting the items in the box this way and that, I finally got everything into the box. Woohoo!


     This is the ending result after putting my shoe box together after placing the card on the inside. This box wouldn't close for the life of me! I couldn't stand the fact that it would not close so I grabbed my large bag of rubber bands, a JOT Brand bag of over 100 rubber bands that I got at the Dollar Tree and went insane on this box so that it would close! Some of the rubber bands are extremely long and some are extremely small. My first rubber band broke because it wouldn't go all the way around so I searched for the long ones. Bam! This box got tightened up and I hope I don't have to ever open it again because that made it just incredibly stressful...but still a great feeling because I know that whomever opens this box will smile and the items will help them out in their journey in life.

     Boxes are such a great blessing to fill and to receive and even if the packing is stressful (Not everything fitting) but in the end, especially for me, staring at the box with the rubber bands around it ready to go off to a country where a girl will open it and smile with appreciation. That is what makes it all worth while, I guess, that these boxes will bring a smile to a kid out there and better their lives in some shape or form.

Happy Packing Everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!

PS: This box came out to be 5.4 lbs!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment