Saturday, February 20, 2016

9 for 99 Cents Finds 2/19/16

Hello Packers!

     One of my favorite deals is finding the clearance section or holiday section at 99 cent stores on sale for a price that makes your head turn. The 9 for 99 cents deal that goes about at the 99 cent stores is one of my favorites. You find things that should obviously be there, like webkins figurines and floss picks that no one is going to use/buy but still, they push to find some way to make little to any profit off their products. Some things, however, make you wonder just why no one has bought the items or why you are the only one to be stashing them into your shopping cart because you think a stampede of people is going to crash your finding as soon as you find it. My mother happened to have that sense when she was shopping and found a great amount of things for my boxes as have I. Here they are:

This was definitely an exciting find for my mother as she went about her Valentine's Day shopping run. Most 99 cents stores have a clearance section now where "EVERYTHING MUST GO". This section can range from hair ties, stamps to clothing if you're lucky. My mother went to one off of Pleasant Grove and squealed in joy as she found these Webkins stuffed dogs for only 11 cents each! She grabbed my brother as they pulled the dogs off the shelves and placed them in her cart. She did mention that everyone was looking at her like she was a little off her rocker but isn't that the greatest feeling ever when you know you're doing this for the good of others? 
My mother also found some great deals on stacking cups from Sesame Street and I must admit, Sesame Street cups/sippy cups/bibs and pretty much all their baby supplies is the best thing that could have ever come into the 99 cent stores/Dollar Trees. So, each set comes with about 4 cups and they will be going into our 2-4 year old boxes. Next are two color in wood planes and those will be good in any 10-14 year old box so that is an exciting find. Then there are the five lunch bags that my mother found in the same section. I made sure to write down who these wonderful bags came from because for such a great find, she deserves to be mentioned in our notes to the kids. 
Last, but surely not least, is my glorious find of more Lakers notebook + Pen sets that also went into the LA Dodgers notebooks as well. By the way, didn't I say that I wanted to make some sports shoe boxes? These are going to look pretty awesome in those boxes don't you think? Then in the top left, we have a notebook and a pen/notepad set for CARS. After I bought this great find, I couldn't help but wonder if this would make a good themed box or not. Then, of course, my shoe box packing mind got reeling and there is without a doubt going to be a CARS themed shoe box in my boxes this year, it will just take a while until I find out what type of stuff I'm going to include.

So, with all that being shown, I just want to send a reminder that it doesn't matter what store you buy it from or how much it actually cost, what matters is that those kids came to mind when you found those items. Seriously, don't compare yourself to other packers: the main object of this organization is the kids and God's grace; it isn't a popularity contest among packers.

Happy Packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment