Wednesday, March 2, 2016

OCC DEAL FIND: Pens on Sale at Office Max/Depot

Hello Packers!

     Well, the days have been dwindling down to March and April is just a few weeks away. Before the meaning of Easter fills our hearts once more and gives us that extra boost of love for the world that guides us to possibly filling more boxes for those beautiful children overseas, we are left to find more wonderful deals that are prior to Easter. One of those deals that I discovered from Clip With Purpose (Check her website out and make her posts priority on Facebook: You'll get a lot of good deal suggestions) that Office Max/Depot has the Office Depot brand pens on sale after their "Back to School" sales from earlier this year. Let me show you just what type of deals I was able to find.

     So, not all stores are the same. Some have them on sale for 10 cents and some have them on sale for 14 cents but mine had them on sale for 5 cents each! Strictly the black pens but yes, I was able to find these packs for 5 cents each. Unfortunately, not all the employees at Office Depot are all that kind and accepting of those going around in sweat pants but thankfully there was an employee in the pens aisle and helped me over to the area of the discounted pens. I bought every pack they had available. (My stock of pens has been limited as the pens over here in California almost never go on sale.)
     Just to show how great of a deal this is, here is my receipt. I bought 119 packs of pens and only spent $6. Originally these pens are $1.59!!!!! Isn't that just disgusting? One pack of 10 pens brings the pens to be about 16 cents each! But with the pack for 5 cents each pen comes to just 1/2 a cent!!! Isn't that amazing?! Truly everyone, go off to Office Depot and ask them if they have the pens on sale.
     Considering that I had little to any boxes to hold the pens, I had to use old Birthday bags to hold all the pens and my sweet little brother helped cut off all the tops of the pen packages to put the pens away. I've noticed that with some packers and this is solely based on opinion, but they will put the entire  pack of pens in the containers and wait until packing time to unload. I just think that takes up a lot of time during packing time, but again, that is just my opinion. (That's my dog Molly by the way, she was supervising the entire time)

     My brother and I calculated it out and we have exactly 1190 pens. I put about 5 pens in each box and I've calculated it out that I would be able to fill 238 boxes with just the pens I bought from Office Depot. I wish I could have been able to find all of my shoe box gift items at such great deals but oh well, I'll take what I can get.

So, no matter what, I would recommend going to any Office Depot/Office Max and asking them if they have the pens on sale. It's a really good deal and you never know, you might be able to find the greatest of deals if you just check.

Happy Packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment