Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Valentine's Day 2016 After Sales Part 1

Hello Packers!

     Have you all been waking up early to go off and get your awesome after Valentine's Day sale items? If the answer was no, get on out there and get the rest of the deals before they're all gone! Already my mom checked a Wal-Mart in the upper area of California and she had to rummage through the works to get the last of the deals. It is cut-throat out there packers, everyone (regardless of packing shoe boxes or not) are out there to get those great deals for 1/2 price.

      But if you are like me and were out there trying to get the best of the deals, you must have realized that there is some pretty nice stuff out there for us to box up. Unlike the holidays in the past, there was a lack of $0.50 stuffed animals but the $1.50 stuffed animals were just wonderful as were the countless filler items that I stuffed into my cart.
      Ah, the time has come for the holidays to begin again and for the deals to flow from the shelves into our carts into our boxes and lastly in the hands of a beloved child because that is what it is all about. So, Wal-Mart is the first place to go as it just loves the Hallmark holiday and has countless items up for grabs. However, Wal-Mart decided to keep all the $3 stuffed animals in a box elsewhere so every one thought that they were already taken. But Ah-ha! Good ol' me climbs into the containers and starts finding those beloved $3 stuffed animals that are just the right size to put in our boxes. As for the rest of my findings, it was between an abuela and I as to who got what. She and I ran back and forth along the shelves looking for anything we could possibly use. She and I double-teamed at the stuffed animal bin and it truly was a beautiful sight of two old ladies getting good deals. 
     First on my list of glorious findings is my stuffed animal stockpile. My stuffed animal container can no longer hold the beloved sock monkeys and puppy dogs: alas, I guess I just need to fill more boxes to make more space. Hehe. All in all these stuffed animals are of good quality and shouldn't take up too much space as I will be placing them in air tight bags to limit space. My favorite of them all is the pterodactyl. He's my favorite mainly because you don't really see that all that often and it is a perfect stuffed animal for a boy. After purchasing him, I immediately decided that I'm going to use him as my base for a Dinosaur Themed Shoe Box so that will be another post in the next few months or so. 
     Water Bottles! Water Bottles! Water Bottles! I love putting water bottles in my boxes so that these kiddies can have a means of drinking water and so the parents could have a means of limiting the water distribution among family members. Also they are just freaking adorable and will look darling in the boxes.
     I don't usually get so many filler items but I just couldn't resist when I saw those cute little glasses and just HAD to get them. I love the amount of pencil sharpeners that they had available and those dinosaur erasers are just going to look absolutely wonderful in my dinosaur themed box so yay! Of course, pencils are almost always available when you go to Wal-Mart but this year they were in short supply so unfortunately, only one package went home with me.
     These are the coolest things I found for my boxes at Wal-Mart! They are 5 piece stationery sets that have a bookmark, pen, stickers, pencil sharpener or clip and I think the bookmark doubles as a ruler. It is one of the nicer things that I found for my boxes and am incredibly happy that 18 kids will be impacted by a stationery set. 
     These were at Wal-Mart and each was for 1 dollar but of course it is half off so there are 20 boxes for 2 dollars: a total deal by what I've seen of the Valentine's Day deals. These don't expire until half way through 2017 so I am excited to put them int he boxes. A woman I follow packed tons of these in her boxes last year and they didn't take up much space.

Look forward to part 2 coming in the next few days. Happy Packing!






No comments:

Post a Comment