Friday, February 12, 2016

Great Shoe Box Deal Find: US TOY

Hello packers!

     How many of you guys have gone around countless online sites hoping to find great deals like bulk tote bags or Barbies on sale? Well, they might not have Barbies but they do have a great sale of holiday goodies and tote bags! I'm talking about US TOY.
     Now, before I talk about this I want you all to know about a great Facebook page that I follow to find great deals like this. Go to "Shoebox Shoppers" on Facebook and you'll meet a wonderful person from North Carolina who is CooCoo for Shoebox deals. The first thing that she posted about was the phenomenal tote bag deal that US TOY had going on and that was to get 12 tote bags for I believe only 2 $. The shipping was only about $5 dollars and the tote bag finds are just wonderful. Isn't great that we can buy US made toys to send overseas to children in need? 

(I wanted to bring that up because I saw on a discussion board how many of us think it isn't right to send China made products to...well...some orphanages in China. If you are one of these people, then I recommend this site as it has tons of great toys in their Holiday clearance section!)

     Now, I didn't know that all their tote bags were purple, that was news to me, but I have already tested them out with my college textbooks and they are a sturdy and very well made tote bag for kids that might have to endure tough terrain. Also, these tote bags are large enough to hold the basic Go Box from OCC so the kids can carry their boxes home that way if they want. I try to include a tote bag in every box mainly because we have to constantly pack these boxes with the assumption these kids have absolutely nothing to their name. That won't always be the case but imagine a kid with no backpack who couldn't go to school because he couldn't carry the little amount of school supplies he had to school? A tote bag like this might look like a basic bag that we would get from a craft or food festival, but these can mean the world to a kid who needs a backpack. Also, if the kid already has a bag of their own, they can re-gift it to a loved one who might need it in their daily life. We never know but God knows and has a plan for every item in our boxes.

(EACH TOTE IS ABOUT $0.16!!!!)

      I love finding filler items for my boxes when I'm out shopping, especially if they are a unisex item. While I was on US TOY's site, I discovered that they have an entire clearance section for their seasonal items as well as games! So off to the seasonal section I go to find that entire box of Playing Cards there. That entire box of 12 packs of cards only cost me $2, leaving each pack of cards to be only $0.16! That is one of my favorite things to pack in boys boxes but it could also be packed in a girl's box as well! Then there is the pack of 24 Halloween slider whistles, that pack cost me only $0.74, leaving each whistle to be about $0.03!!!!!!! They are a great size, about three or so inches in length and they are the basic slider whistle: perfect for any age. The spin toppers were a "I don't know if I should buy them" item but I bought them anyway as something was itching at me to buy them. They are surprisingly sturdy and aren't made of cheap flimsy plastic. The pack is of 36 spin toppers and they were $1.36, making them about $0.04 each so again, not too bad.

       The last thing that I loved finding was the Tic Tac Toe game boards you see there. Those were $0.49 cents each and I only spent about $5 on the whole lot of tic tac toe games. 

     Although it does take a bit away from the great feeling of shopping at the actual store for your shoe box filler items, getting them in the mail and opening them up feels just as great. My heart was racing and full of joy when I opened up the big boxes to see the items up close and I could feel my excitement jump through the roof at just the thought of how happy these items are going to make kids feel when they open their boxes. So, if you guys are ever looking for a nice American Made store for items to put in your boxes, check out this site:

http://www.ustoy.com/

Happy Packing Everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment