Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Beanie Baby Dream: Goodwill Finds!


Hello Packers!

     Well, guess what packers?! I decided to go to the Goodwill near my college in celebration of only one more day until my winter vacation and boy am I glad that I did.

     Beanie Babies are such a great item to add to your shoe boxes because they aren't too small but they aren't too small. Plus I just love the quality of the Beanie Babies compared to those at the Dollar Tree but again, totally my opinion. As I love Beanie Babies, I have been trying my hardest to find Beanie Babies at great deals and so far the only place I know about is the Comic Book Store on Watt that has them for $2 each but still, one can only get so much for $2 a Baby.

     So, I haven't had much luck lately but my grandmother was here recently for Thanksgiving and she mentioned that I should check out Goodwills for Beanie Babies because usually they will donate them brand new with plastic tags attached! Well, I'm near Goodwill so why not? I go in to the store and usually they'll have a white bin where they have McDonald's toys and sometimes Beanie Babies but they didn't have that...darn. Oh well, let's just look around at the new items in cardboard packaging, right?

     I have six large trucks in my arms, all of them were $2 each so why not? But something tells me as I look at the toys section of the Goodwill area that I should check there. I go in, not really expecting to find anything but a Ziplock bag changes my mind entirely. I grab the bag and there is a vintage Beanie Baby with curly fur inside. It had not only the tag attached but it had the plastic part that goes around the tag as well! I was so incredibly excited to find it and then I decided to look some more in the mass amounts of stuffed animals to find more and more of these Beanie Babies in ziplock bags!
     Of course, as a person from a family of deal finders and quality finders, I smelled every one of the Beanie Babies as well as ran my hands over all of them to make sure they didn't have any matted portions or stains or possibly any nasty smells on them so of course NONE OF THEM DID! I am so incredibly happy I found some great Beanie Babies of great quality for such a great price! Each of the Beanie Babies was $0.49! I grabbed all of the Beanie Babies I could find and this was my awesome haul!

(Birthday, Patriotic, Romantic and St. Patrick's Day)
(Alright, before I say anything more, I just want you all to know about the Praying Bear there. When I was in third grade, I was hit by a car. They didn't know how well I would be after the impact or if I'd be able to remember anything let alone survive but there was a prayer group that prayed for me all over the globe and my family prayed constantly for me as well. Among the stuffed animals I received for my well-being was a larger version of that praying bear. Being able to send one of these out is a great reminder that I'm doing God's work and maybe just maybe, He wanted me to survive so I can affect a child through my boxes. I know it seems a little silly but, I feel that God is telling me to fill these boxes because he knows the type of person I am and my experiences in life so far. Who knows? Anyway, there is a Beanie Boo, a Christmas themed one and a Panda)
(That vintage curly bear I was telling you about, an Italian Bear, a Valentine's Day bear, and I believe an Earth Day bear but I don't know for sure)
(Koala, Bear, Another Regular Bear, a 1999 Bear)


     Packers, I hope you all don't stump the Goodwill or Dollar Tree when you are packing your boxes because you never know when you will find the best things to put in your boxes. But also remember that when you are going to these stores, look for quality in your items: you never know how long these toys are going to last with these kids.

Happy Packing!


No comments:

Post a Comment