Thursday, December 10, 2015

2-4 Girl's Box w/WOW Item

Hello Packers!

     I have finished my finals and of course, my next course of action is to celebrate by packing a shoe box! I absolutely love this way of rewarding myself by treating others with great gifts. I have had a doll that is definitely one of those WOW items that we keep trying to include in boxes in a storage box of mine in my closet. I wanted to include it in my boxes for this year but I unfortunately didn't have the resources to fill up the rest of the box...until now!



This is the box I chose to fill. I decorated the outside with shimmery red duct tape.
In this box I included a Recycled Paper Coloring Book and I just love that because as I'm helping a child out there, I'm also being resourceful. Then along with it are: crayons, five pencil eraser toppers, a pencil sharpener, a ball eraser, five pens and five pencils.
I also found an awesome Minnie Mouse notebook and then of course included a good amount of stickers to include with it!
Then there are the basic hygiene items: a wash cloth, tooth brush, toothpaste, facial tissue, mild family soap and a chap stick.
This is a handmade fleece tote bag that I made with a pair of Lala Loopsy socks, a pair of Fairy Princess underwear and a very soft and fluffy bunny.
Then of course the fun FILLER ITEMS! That is my WOW item and I absolutely love it then of course I have one of my clappers from the Halloween sales, a Disney Princess cup and a Princess jewelry set with clip on earrings.
So how in the world am I going to stuff all of this stuff in this box? Well, it wasn't that easy. First, I had to place the flat items on the bottom. If you want to fit most of the items in there without destroying the shape, put the flat stuff at the bottom. 
Then comes more of my flat items like the Minnie Mouse notebook and the jewelry set.
So, when you guys include cups or water bottles, they are great to hold all of those awesome goodies for the kids and create more room for the box's goodies! This is holding the socks, the soap and the underwear.
So then I placed the hygiene items in the box and ooh, look there is still some room! It'll be a tight squeeze but I can make it work...maybe.
Then go in the finishing items!
This box is extremely "puffy" as some would say and I had to use five rubber bands but it still doesn't seem like I could add enough rubber bands to make it shut entirely. I've noticed that I make a lot of these puffy boxes but come on?! This box is going to make a little girl out there so incredibly happy! This is box 3 out of my 50 box goal and I just know that God will help me along the way to make the other 47 boxes happen. :)

Happy Packing Everyone! 













No comments:

Post a Comment