Thursday, June 16, 2016

Three 10-14 Boys Boxes

Hello Packers!

     So, I have not been letting you guys know a lot about the shoe boxes I have been packing because I have been in a "packing high" for the last few weeks. This week I decided to slow down and take some pictures of the boxes that I packed for today. With that being said, here you go....

For starters, I decided to make some jewelry to put into the boxes this year for the children. I wasn't going to do something like this until I went to Hobby Lobby and there they were, telling me to put them in my basket to send to children around the world. They were originally set up with black string for the necklaces but the black string wouldn't go through the holes of the Jesus Fish so there was no way I was going to spend hours trying to needle the string through. Instead, I headed to my neighborhood dollar tree and found some great lacing thread. After measuring it on myself, I got to looking up Biblical colors and meanings for the necklaces. (I got 400 beads for a dollar)
White:Righteousness and Purity
Green: The earth and the fruits of God's love
Red: Jesus's blood paid for our sins
Blue: Heaven
Purple: Jesus's nobility as the King of Kings
Gold/Yellow: God's love and divinity

Pretty cool, right?

So, these are the boxes and I realized that I tend to get better boxes if I set them up in threes at times. I feel like I don't want this box to feel inadequate in front of the other boxes. 



So, pretty much all the boxes look the same with a few differences like different stuffed animal or different playing game but here is the list of basics in the box:
-Mini Erasers
-Eraser
-Deodorant
-Comb
-Jesus Necklace
-Mickey Cup
-Marble Bag
-Duct Tape Pencil Pouch
-Pencil Sharpener
-T-shirt
-Socks
-Soap
-Candy
-Coloring Book
-Toothbrush
-Toothpaste
-Mini Notebook
-Journal
-Note pad
-Coloring Pencils
-Pencils
-Pens
-Activity Pad
-Tissue Pack
(This one has a bunny stuffed animal, a card game called Spoons and a light up Bouncy Ball)
As you can see, it has the same amount of things as the last one but has a large ball and a ball-point game.
This box has an American Football, a cow plush and a deck of cards.
Something that didn't happen with the other boxes was that this box fell a little short in regards to being a fully packed shoe box. Despite having the same amount of stuff, it did not look all that full.
Thankfully I have so many filler items that this boy's box will look better than ever. Because of the box's shortage I filled it up with a pair of gloves, a light up wand, a whistle, dinosaur erasers and 6 superhero figurines. I hope he likes it!

     Alright packers, June is dwindling down faster than we had perceived so make sure you're looking for great deals and ready to start packing. 

(67,68,69)

Happy Packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment