Wednesday, June 8, 2016

10-14 Girl Red & Black Theme Box

Hello Packers!

     So, I'm officially into my summer groove and decided that after getting an awesome notebook from my future mother-in-law and rediscovering a red Christmas pencil box, I was going to use the items for a themed shoe box. I didn't quite know what type of theme I wanted until I remembered that I have a black and red knit scarf, a set of red and black gloves and a red bow black beanie hat....thus the RED AND BLACK theme box was born. I just finished packing this box about four minutes ago and I can't wait to show you just what I did with this box. Let's go!

ITEMS PACKED:
Firs, we have the massive amount of school supplies that I included for this sweet girl. This girl will receive a: notebook, five pens, one big journal pen, a set of sticky notes, a bookmark, a stencil, five eraser tops, five pencils, a coloring book, a set of colored pencils, a pencil sharpener and a pencil box. (The box was originally meant to hold someone's jewelry or something but it is the perfect pencil size!)
So the Sephora bag was also from my mother-in-law as that's what I got my Christmas gift in but it fit perfectly with the theme and it is made of a durable material. Along with that she is receiving a jewelry bag which has 8 bracelets and a heart necklace, a bouncy ball from Old Navy, toothpaste, a toothbrush, that adorable red flashlight and a bar of soap. 
Next, the stars of the red and black themed shoe box! The scarf was made over a year ago and has been waiting to be used and finally gets to! This girly will also be getting a set of OP flip flops that cost $1 at Wal-Mart, a pair of gloves for $0.50, a beanie for I believe $0.50 and a red "Ladies Fit" t-shirt.

PACKING PROCESS
1. So I folded up the Sephora bag and placed it on the bottom and then added the notebook. The only reason why I chose this shoe box in particular is because it could fit the notebook flat. The spiral on the side makes it a little bit difficult. 
2. Like I tend to do, I made use of the pencil box and was able to fit pretty much all of the school supplies inside which is exciting to know as this girl will be carrying this to and fro between school and home and I don't want any of her things to get lost. This fits the pens, pencils, erasers, pencil sharpener, bookmark, journal pen, stencil and the box of colored pencils. This was an awesome find and I might buy more when the Christmas sales go up again. (This container was purchased at the Dollar Tree)
3. I rubber banded the scarf twice and placed it in front of the notebook and thankfully it allowed enough room for the sticky note set and soap to be placed on top. The flip flops are rubber banded as well just so they can get as close together as possible and stay that way. I like to place the coloring books along the backside of the shoe boxes so that they can bend over the items, especially if it is a thinner one.

4. I placed the red flashlight and jewelry bag right between the pencil case and the shoes. They were thankfully a perfect fit.
5. I then placed the beanie hat and the gloves inside while resting the toothpaste and toothbrush on top of the jewelry bag. What you don't see is the t-shirt that I placed on top of all of these things along with my letter.
6. I've seen other packers make use of the top of the inside of the shoe box, the "ceiling" if you will, and have seen people use that as their letter or a place to put the photo or even a place to put more toys or a race track for cars. I decided that since this is for a 10-14 year old girl and I've had friends who have fallen to the mindset that they need to have the prettiest hair and the most flamboyant make-up to attract people or to even have worth, I included 1 Peter 3:3-4 (Don't be concerned about the outward beauty that depends on fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quite spirit, which is so precious to God.) This is the New Living Translation version of this scripture.

This isn't a step but this is just a little bit of pride that I have for my box. I got a nice set of Nativity Scene stickers from Michael's after the holidays and I fell in love with the idea of including that on the outside of my box somewhere. So, here is a shepherd boy, a camel, Mary and Joseph with Baby Jesus and then the three wise men. I loved putting the outside of this box together and I really hope this girl likes it.

Alright Packers, we have only 5 more months to get all those boxes done so...well...I guess you have a lot of time! Hehe.

(Box 57)

Happy Packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment