Friday, October 30, 2015

OCC Challenge: Pack more Boys Boxes w/List of 10-14 Boy Box Ideas


Hello Awesome Packers!

     Do any of you give yourselves challenges when it comes to the boxes? We've all seen the $10 shoe box challenge and if not you can go to it here: http://www.clipwithpurpose.com/10-shoebox-challenge-for-10-14-year-old-boys/ . Then we see ourselves adding up more challenges, like the only Pink shoe box or Jungle theme challenge, then there is something that I have given myself for the boxes of 2016: MASS AMOUNTS OF 10-14 BOYS Boxes. That's right, I have given myself an incredibly difficult challenge of filling 36 (10-14) Boys boxes and 14 (10-14) girls boxes. Am I terrified? Not really for I know my purpose here, I know that God will give me the right tools to make this goal and possibly more Boys boxes than I could have ever imagined.
      With that being said, I want you guys to know why this is such a "challenge". According to the representatives at Operation Christmas Child, there is a significant lack of shoe boxes for boys. Especially the ages on the edges of the age groups, i.e. not ages 5-9. Something I read about from one of the blogs I follow was that there was such a lack of boys shoe boxes that the older boys get boxes from 5-9 age groups or even GIRLS! That truly broke my heart. I understand that it might not be the easiest age group/gender to fill boxes for, I'm finding it hard myself, but just imagine your brother or your own son not getting a  box, or instead of going without: they get a box filled with frilly pink bows, a pink Barbie shirt and a never ending amount of pink/purple and sparkles.

     Packers, I understand that Boys boxes can be troublesome for some of us who really have no idea what these boys would want but I have put together a list that I think would be great for the 10-14 Boys.

Hygiene:

  • Toothbrush
  • Tooth Paste
  • Floss 
  • Comb 
  • Deodorant
  • Bar Soap
  • Wash Cloth
  • Toothbrush Holder
  • Soap Container
  • Chap Stick
  • Nail Clippers (Never thought of using those but they are recommended on other blogs)
  • Kleenex (Update: thank you 99 Cent Store!)
Clothing:
  • T-shirt
  • Dress Shirt
  • Tie
  • Gloves
  • Socks
  • Gardening Gloves
  • Work Gloves
  • Underwear
  • Scarf
  • Beanie Hat
  • Baseball Cap
  • Flip Flops
  • Tennis Shoes
  • Jacket/Sweater
  • Tote Bag/Backpack
  • Bandanna
  • Rain Poncho
  • Folding Umbrella (not exactly clothing but oh well)
School Supplies:
  • Notebook
  • Personal Notebook (journal)
  • Pencils
  • Pens
  • Eraser
  • Pencil Erasers
  • Pencil Sharpener
  • Glue Stick
  • Scissors
  • Pencil Pouch
  • Solar Calculator
  • Ruler
  • Markers
  • High Lighters
  • Crayons
Toys:
  • Soccer Ball w/Pump
  • Football 
  • Volleyball
  • Baseball
  • Tennis Ball
  • Baseball Glove
  • Slinky
  • Stuffed Animal (Yes, older boys like them too)
  • Funny Sunglasses
  • Deck of Cards
  • Coloring Book (Even the older kids like them)
  • Magnifying Glass
  • Hot Wheels Cars
  • Super Hero Action Figures 
  • Puzzles
  • Flash light (not exactly toy but still awesome)
  • Mini Frisbee
  • Marbles
  • Jacks with Bouncy Ball
  • Yo-Yo
  • Small Lego Sets
  • Watercolor Paint Set
  • Stickers (ONLY IF YOU INCLUDE SOMETHING TO PUT THEM ON)
  • Kazoo
  • Harmonica
  • Mini Drum Set
  • Dominoes
  • Checkers
  • Jenga
  • Foam Airplanes (I got 5 from the Prize Counter at Golfland Sunsplash)
  • Jump Rope! (I packed 4 of them last year and they do not take up much room)
  • Binoculars
  • Foam Darts
Tools:
  • Hammer
  • Measuring Tape
  • Screw Drivers
  • Screws
  • Nails
  • Wrench
  • Rope
  • Para-cord
  • Duct Tape
  • Regular Tape
  • Wrench
  • Pliers
  • Work Apron
First Aid Kit:
  • A bag for the kit
  • Band aids
  • Gauze
  • Medical Tape
  • Small wet wipe towelettes (They don't have too much liquid in them so they won't leak and get on stuff so they are allowed)
Eating Utensils:
  • Fork
  • Spoon
  • Bowl
  • Plate
  • Cup
  • Water Bottle
  • Tupperware Container
(If any of you have any other ideas for Boys Boxes that I didn't put on here, please put them in the comments so I can update the list so we can make a SUPER list of box item ideas for those who have never packed before. There are tons of new packers out there that need ideas, let's help each other out)



No comments:

Post a Comment