Thursday, October 22, 2015

OCC Trip to Target 10/22/15

Hello awesome Packers out there!

     Simply because I had a relatively good day at school today, I treated myself to some OCC Shoe Box shopping. (Yes, I now do that as a reward to myself :) ) Anyway, on the way out of school I contemplated where I should go and thought about Target which was on the way home. I am quite grateful that I stopped there because I found a few great items to put in my boxes!

So, my first amazing find was a set of back packs for $3 each! I have nothing but tote bags for my boxes so a back pack is definitely a fun step up. However, I was only able to get one because the rest had bad zippers. I tried every single one and am amazed that they are OK with trying to sell those things. So, word to the wise, if you are checking out the 1,2,3 section of Target and see back packs, check the zippers. This one is perfectly fine though. :)
















So, these were a great find for me because I never have a great idea on what size water bottles and so forth I should get for the 2-4 year old kiddies. I always feel like I'm getting the right size, I typically go for the ones that can hold about a pint or so's worth of liquid but these were too cute to pass on. They will be going into my 2-4 year old boy boxes when I restart my box packing (Prepping for next year already so I can reach my goal of 50. Fingers crossed) Anyway, these are such good finds and I saw two other types there, one with a black tint with a kitty face on it and the other was clear with stripes and eye balls to be a mummy. (I didn't know if that one was appropriate or not).
($1 Each)













Last but not least, I found these sweet babies! ($3 each container) I saw these on a Facebook page I follow, Shoe Box Shoppers (Go there, she has great tips and has pictures from a distribution to Tanzania) and was so jealous that she found toys like that for the kiddies. But today  I found them! With luck and a bit of math I figured that I will be able to fill 8 boxes with 20 of these bricks each. I don't know if I'll be able to do that many young boxes (I already have a goal of 14 (10-14 Girl) boxes and 36 (10-14 Boys) boxes) but I hope I can so I can send these out and make some kiddie's day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment