Sunday, October 25, 2015

How Important are Toothbrush Cases?

Hello Readers!

     Well, I have been stocking up on toothbrushes lately, it is something I try to do every two weeks depending on prices I find and something that I discovered when looking at other blogs as well as Facebook pages, was that we should try our absolute best to get Toothbrush containers and maybe soap containers for the products we send in our boxes. Why? Well, think about your toothbrush at home sitting nicely in its holder or decontamination chamber (which ever high-tech thing you have) and then imagine your toothbrush doesn't have the holder and is laying there on the ground, and not just any ground but possibly dirt, grass, mud etc. and then imagine bugs crawling over that toothbrush, possible animal fecal matter and so forth. ALL ON YOUR TOOTHBRUSH! You wouldn't want to put that in your mouth now would you? Sure, you could rinse it off but what if you have limited water supply and your family doesn't want to waste it on your toothbrush? Gross.

     Saying that, I have found three toothbrush holders in the aisles of the Dollar Tree and 99 Cent Stores over here in California and here they are:
Starting with the one on the left, that is a GB toothbrush holder that came with a three pack of toothbrushes with their own containers as well. After getting the one in the middle, I've come to the conclusion that although they might be a good deal at first, quality is what we want here and there is a lack of quality on the one on the left. My issues with this one are as follows: 
1. Flimsy plastic, it is bendable and can most likely crack in the box during shipment.
2. Does not stay together. Pulling the parts apart is incredibly easy and losing the top portion simply by taking it out of the box is quite possible.
3. They don't come in the same colors. They come in a pack of yellow, red and blue with partnering toothbrushes but something that I am not too fond of is the fact that my blue containers came in two shades of blue in the package so the container doesn't match and looks half-a**edly put together.

The one in the Middle is also a GB toothbrush holder, I got it in a two pack for a dollar. Comparing the first one to the one in the middle, you wouldn't think they were from the same company. The one in the middle is made of a stronger, more durable plastic that sticks together quite well. It does suck that I have to buy the containers separately so that I can obtain a better quality container but for ten bucks I can get twenty containers for my toothbrushes so all in all I guess it could be worse. However, I would have liked to have known about these containers before I bought the large mass of the ones I have on the left. I do have one issue regarding this container:
1. This container is thicker and takes up a bit more room than the other two shown. That is my only issue with this container because I could possibly fill more space with the inch or two that this container takes up.

The last one on the right is made by TEK and it is a basic brush protector for the toothbrush. I like this one and most of my boxes I'm sending out have this protector because it protects the bristles and in most cases, that's all we really care about for our toothbrushes. They don't take up much space and look nice. However like with most toothbrushes, I have a few issues with this one as well.
1. It doesn't cover the entire toothbrush and although that doesn't seem to be too big of an issue, it still makes me wonder how much dirt and so forth land on that toothbrush handle.
2. The cap covering is a bit advanced for the younger kiddies. I think that would be my biggest issue regarding this toothbrush cover because you have to press it at certain angles that we don't see as a big obstacle but for little kiddies who have never had this encounter before, it could be an issue for them and their families. 

     Anyway, so those are the toothbrush containers that I've found thus far and there is my take on them. Like most advice blogs for Operation Christmas Child, take my advice with a grain of salt. I don't want to dissuade you from placing any of these containers in your boxes simply because of what I said. Alright Packers, enjoy your packing! 3 Weeks until National Distribution Week!

10/25/15

No comments:

Post a Comment