Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Two Child Box

Hello Packers!

     Well, it is the day before finals and after getting a lot of my online school work done I figured it was time to make a shoe box to reward myself. I came across the idea of a two child shoe box when I saw a post of it on Pinterest. I thought it was a tad weird because that is an amount of stuff that can make a box on its own...that's two boxes worth of stuff! But I have been reading the Operation Christmas Child Journey book by Franklin Graham and I was reminded that I have no idea where this shoe box is going. I don't know this child's situation and I don't know his family's situation. I don't know how is friend is doing at home and what really spoke to me to make this box is that children have a natural desire to make others happy. There was a story about a boy who got a girl's box because there weren't enough boy boxes but he had a little sister who was too young to receive a box. We don't know the situation they are in and who knows, this box can end up in the hands of a boy who has a brother or a sick neighbor that couldn't attend the distribution. Only God knows.

As you can see, this box is full of sweet amazing things for these boys. Each boy gets:
-Soap
-Toothpaste
-Toothbrush
-5 Eraser Toppers
-Comb
-Washcloth 
-Crayons
-Socks
-Tissue
-Candy Cane
-Coloring Book
-T-shirt
-Tic-tac-toe Game
-Tote Bag
-Pencil Pouch
-Whistle
-Bouncy Ball
-Knit hat with 3 ply yarn
-5 pens
-5 pencils
-Batman Cup
-Notebook
-Dinosaur Eraser
-Pencil Sharpener
     Wow, I was able to include a lot of stuff. Now, let's see if I can pack it all into the box!

I was at the 99 cent store the other day and decided that I just had to buy some nice notebooks for this box. These have 80 pages each, college ruled so they can write more and they fit perfectly in the box! Underneath them are the coloring books.
Alright, so here come the flat items. I then put down the pencil pouches and then folded the tote bags into squares. I then kept the wash cloths in their square fold and placed them on top. Woohoo! Perfect Fit!
So that nice section between the notebooks and the box looked like the perfect place to include the pens, pencils and eraser toppers. I was right!
I folded the t-shirts up to rectangles and they fit in the section between the wash cloths and the box perfectly! I then stuffed the tic-tac-toe games underneath the tote bags somewhat to make sure they fit. So far, so good.
Like any packer would tell you, we need to fill in as much space as possible so fill those water bottles and cups! The cups are stacked on top of each other and they hold the: soap, dinosaur erasers, bouncy balls and the whistles.
So in goes the cup filled with goodies and then I originally tried to put the hats in there flat but they interfered with the t-shirts so I folded them up and put rubber bands around them. They fit perfectly above the wash cloths. 
After the hats it was a real free for all as I started putting the remaining items in the box. The crayons went in first and then the socks and if you look at the right side, the toothpaste got in there as well. Everything looks perfect!
This is something that you should do if you include photos with your boxes. I figured that if two boys are going to benefit from the box's contents then it is only appropriate that the other boy knows of the kind little lady that sent them too. Hehe!
Finally, after finishing up a nice letter and placing the photos in, this box is ready to go to some sweet boy in a needy country. This was a very fun box to fill but I think I might stick to the one child per box idea. Still, it was a nice change of pace.

Box 56!

Happy Packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment