Saturday, May 14, 2016

10-14 Boy Sports Box

Hello Packers!

     I have had a soccer ball set aside for four months now that I have wanted to include in a shoe box for so long that I thought I wouldn't ever get to it but I've had some lucky time this morning to pack this awesome sports theme shoe box that will go to a sweet 10-14 year old boy. So, here we go!

Alright, so for starters we have three sets of stickers that are all sport themed and then I decided to go with the surf oriented coloring book because it is still sporty. Then I recently decided to include a picture of myself with my boyfriend for the boxes now. I never liked to include pictures of myself but after reading so many stories about how the children react to photos, I figured it is only right for me to send one with my letter.

Tote bags are great additions to your boxes no matter what because we don't know if they have a backpack or sack of some sort to carry their school supplies. I also included a football helmet from the coin vendors and I thought this was a nice idea for a sport themed box. Then of course I got very lucky in finding some sport whistles and put in a soccer one.



Because it is a sports box it should come to no surprise that I have a soccer ball flattened with a ball pump, a bag (courtesy of my future sister-in-law) filled with marbles and a real sized baseball but it isn't a real hard baseball, it is actually rubber.





Hygiene is always something we should include. Unfortunately in 2017 I won't be able to include toothpaste anymore but until then: BRING ON THE TOOTHPASTE! Right there is a toothbrush in a case, a deodorant stick, tissues, toothpaste, a comb, the ball there is actually a wash cloth and I love that the person on the front has a darker skin tone and then of course, a bar of soap in a baggie. 


I have too many hats and not enough boxes and so from now on every box gets a glorious hand-knit hat no matter what age/gender. Along with this cute hat is a pair of socks, a candy cane filled with Mike & Ikes and a nice Arizona brand shirt.





This set of school supplies has sports theme erasers that I got for 10 cents and the pack of baseball erasers for 30 cents. Along with the erasers this boy will receive: a pencil pouch, a Dodger notebook and Lakers notebook with matching pens, eraser toppers, sharpener, five pencils (I know they are a little bit flowery for Easter but I think they'll work) and a set of black pens. (What isn't shown is a pack of crayons)


PROCESS:
Step 1: My box was large enough that the coloring book sat flat at the bottom of the box so that was pretty cool to find out. 








Step 2: What  you also didn't see was that I included a sports cup as well. This Adidas box (Courtesy of my father) is so deep that I was able to place the cup upright. The cup holds the football helmet, socks, marble bag and in there is also the sport whistle. Behind the soccer ball is the soap and the comb and the notebooks are placed flat on the coloring book.



Step 3: I was able to curl up the hat so that it fit between the soccer ball and the water cup. The tissues fit between the hat and the ball while the t-shirt and tote bag fit snug in that space above the notebooks. :)






Step 4: Fitting the rest of the longer items like the candy, toothpaste and toothbrush was a bit of a challenge but fitting the pencil pouch filled with all the school supplies. The washcloth fit perfectly well in the left corner, and look! There's SPACE!





Step 5: With that exciting discovery of more space in the box, I dug down into my stuffed animal stash and got a nice bear Beanie Baby for the loved 10-14 year old that this nice box will go to. :)






So, how has packing been going for you all? I hope that the boxes you pack are as sweet and kind as your generous hearts. 

(Box 54!)

Happy Packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment