Thursday, September 29, 2016

9/29 2-4 Girl Box

Hello Packers!

     I have been on a young child box kick as of late and I just couldn't do a box for a boy and not do one for a girl. I have a space in my heart for those young babies. Even in the US I feel for the children that are unable to be fed, to wear appropriate clothing or to be able to play with educational toys. The economy of the world, the ongoing war going on in the Middle East and just all of the chaos going on in the world...I believe that these boxes are little rays of sunshine in a world of grey. I feel that these boxes can possibly give a child a chance to realize that they are worth more than their situations and know that there are still good people in the world that want nothing but the best for them and for them to come to Christ.
     
ITEMS:
As you have probably noticed from my previous articles: School Supplies, regardless of age, is always an important inclusion. So, I included in her box:
- 2 Coloring Books -2 Notebooks
-Pencil Sharpener - Crayons
- 10 Pencils - 5 Pens
-Heart Puffy Stickers

Just like the previous box, I am so incredibly happy with the educational items that were on clearance at Target. I love the items and they're also fun so it's a win-win.
-Numbers Book -Doc McStuffins Puzzle
-Alphabet Puzzle -Matching Set
-Water Color Paint Set -Eraser
-Lacing Shapes

Some other great items are hygiene items as well as clothing items. 
-Socks -Comb Brush
-Tooth Brush -Tooth Brush Holder
-Soap -Cookie Cup

Those magnetic yo-yo's are the coolest things I've ever found and I'm super excited for the little girl who gets to play with them. I also wanted these boxes to have large stuffed characters so she gets a relatively large Disney Pirate Girl. 

PACKING:
Step One: So, like all the boxes, put the flattest items on the bottom of the shoe box and most of the items I put in this box are relatively close to the same size so they stacked perfectly on top of each other.

Step Two: There was a space behind the notebooks and other square items so I put the pencils and the tooth brush items there.

Step 3: I had to rearrange a few items as the fillers went in but thankfully they all fit in perfectly. The doll's head is unfortunately really big and not that squishable so the box closed at an angle but still it looks quite nice with the brown polka dot lid and the floral box. 

I hope you guys are having as much fun packing your boxes as I am packing mine. Love and prayers, everyone.

Happy Packing!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, so glad to have you back! I may be an old lady and you a college girl, but we have something in common. Neither of us can resist packing one more box. I didn't used to do the little kids because I thought they couldn't understand very much, but you have inspired me to have fun with them, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! At first I didn't like doing too many of the little kid boxes either, it still takes a lot of persuasion for me to do any boxes in the 5-9 age range.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, they get the most of the 5-9 boxes anyway. But today I watched a YouTube talk by Stephanie Seymore. She told about running out of boxes at a distribution trip to Tanzania. They had to give a two year old boy a box for a boy 10-14. That was as sad as when you wrote about the 10-14 year old boys getting girl boxes. So, tonight I had to pack ONE MORE 2-4 boy box. I couldn't help it. ☺

    ReplyDelete