Wednesday, September 28, 2016

9/28 Just Couldn't Help It: Here's Another Box



Hello Packers!

     So, I have been on a box packing/researching hiatus for the last month or so but something truly pulled at my heartstrings when I found a lot of toddler educational items in the Target Clearance section a few weeks ago. I was planning for my 2-4 year old boxes for next year but as I put the items away, I just couldn't help it. Something inside me told me that I needed to pack this box. I fell in love with this child, although I have no idea who or where he is, but I could feel myself knowing who this child was and how helpful these items would be to him. I hope you enjoy the photos and have fun packing!

ITEMS:
So for this box, it is mainly education and creativity based so this child gets:
-Two coloring books
-A Shapes book
-Two Notebooks
-Pencil Case






-Crayons
-Flash Cards
-Eraser
-10 Pencils
-5 Pens
-Lacing Shapes
-Alphabet Puzzle
-Soft hacky Sack
-Water Color Paint set



Something that inspired this box was the large stuffed green teddy bear. My mother had tons of these during my soccer years and we still had one left over. So, this child also gets:
-Green Teddy Bear
-Lion Puzzle
-Tooth Brush
-Tooth Brush Case
-Comb
-Soap
-Jesus Necklace
-Pencil Sharpener
-Magnetic YOYO










PACKING:

Step 1: When filling the shoe box, try to put the flattest stuff on the bottom just because it keeps them from bending/getting wrinkled, it won't take up much space and you get to feel like your box is organized which is a plus for those of us that hate putting items together haphazardly. 

Step 2: Other items that don't take up much space or can take up the length of the box are a good item to put in next. I placed the pencils length wise and then the toothbrush. I decided that I won't put the toothbrush in the container anymore. I understand that it is better to keep them together to save on space of the box but I also remember how it is whenever I get something new, I love to take off the paper and enjoy the fresh new item. I don't want to strip the child of that too much.
Step 3: Then go in the other items that you haven't put in yet. Remember to use the volume of the water bottle when you pack so you can get as much as possible in the box. The Magnetic yoyo was in a large container that took up too much space so we took that out. By the way, we should be careful with how much packaging we send overseas. A lot of the communities that these boxes show up in don't have a great waste system so their garbage piles up. It is unfair of us to add to their garbage in that way. 
Step 4: I had to redo the coloring books because having them curved really bugged me. But the stuffed animal went in last as it is the one thing that will be able to be crushed down and still come out normal-looking. 
Step 5: Always put the rubber bands on the box even if it is perfectly secure. In the process of transporting our boxes from the drop off site to the processing center, some lids can become unhinged and some plastic lids can fall off. Then the crew would be stuck trying to figure out which items belonged where and I believe many of us pack our boxes to be one of a kind, so it would suck if those items were lost. Also, place the label at one end of the box. Some put it in the middle but it is not a great idea as the tape that they put on to secure the boxes for international travel tends to go right over the middle of the boxes.

Alright, I hope you all are having a fabulous time packing. 

Happy Packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment