Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Getting the Most out Your Items for OCC: Deodorant

Hello Packers!

     Something I tried to do last year and will succeed in doing this year is including deodorant in my boxes. Strange? A little bit but like any normal boy/girl on this earth, they will develop a body odor and perspire, it would be pretty cool to provide a luxury like deodorant to a child, right? If you have never considered deodorant before, it could be a nice replacement for the tube of toothpaste that we aren't allowed to give out anymore or for the candy replacement.

     Anyway, I was at my neighborhood 99 cent store and was searching through the deodorants and was shocked to find out that for the same dollar price, you can get a deodorant that is only 1 oz or 1.7 oz! I know! I thought to myself in that moment, "Wow, we usually grab items from the shelf and not even look at the ounces on them. We could be wasting our money!" With that being said, I took to the arrangement of deodorants that they had and started to look specifically at the ounces at the bottom of the containers. This is what I found:

Girls:

Alright, so I prefer Suave or Teen Spirit if I'm going to be completely honest on my own preference but this Secret bar was the one with the highest amount of ounces at 1.7 oz. I was a little shocked that that was as high as it would go for the ladies but I will take what I can get for the price.

Of course, I checked everything to make sure it was okay (smell/looks) and of course everything was fine. They had this scent which is Shower Fresh and they had another that was called Powder Fresh. I must say that the Shower Fresh had a nicer smell to it and I think that the girls that receive these deodorants will appreciate the pleasant scent. It is a solid deodorant and unfortunately I didn't read anywhere that it was an invisible dry so that is also a bit of a downfall on this deodorant. However, my mother loves Secret and has been using it for year so I believe this brand will work perfectly.

Secret Shower Fresh: 1.7 ounces





Boys:


Alright, well for some reason Blogger won't let me post my own photo so here is a photo I got from the internet. This can be compared to Speed Stick and to me, it smells pretty dang close to the original scent. I like it a lot and it is lucky for us as there are a few other deodorants at the 99 cent store that are the same amount of ounces as well if you don't want to buy this brand. I will be going with this brand for a reason that I'll tell you in just a bit.

Clear Stick: 2.25oz

Alright, so there is a reason why I chose these specific brands other than the amount of oz they carry. Did you guys know that deodorant has an expiration date? No? Well neither did I until I turned the bar around to see the lovely "exp" on the back. Of the other brands, they all expired in a few months but I wanted to get the bang for my buck so to speak and get something that I know customs won't throw out.

Boys:

 Expires October 2019
Girls: expires September 2018

Again, Blogger is making my post a bit wonky so I apologize about that. But check the expiration dates on your deodorants. As far as I know, we are still allowed to include deodorants but just to be on the safe side, check the expiration dates so we can know for sure that those items will be making it to the child.

Happy Packing!




No comments:

Post a Comment